Following the recent announcement from the ECB that we are now on step 3 of a 5-step roadmap for the return of recreational cricket, the Club have put together a plan for the return of junior training.
The training sessions will not look or feel like those of recent seasons due to the restrictions still in place, but we attach great importance to giving all our young players the opportunity to resume training as soon as possible and therefore intend to implement the phased return detailed below:
First Training Session
|U17s||Tuesday 23rd June at 6.30pm||Adam McGladdery|
|U13/14s||Thursday 25th June at 6.30pm||Luke Solis|
|U11||No date set, to be reviewed on 25th June||Jim Goodall|
|U9s and Eagles||Training will only resume when ECB announce we are at Step 5||Chris Vidler|
Prior to Training
- Training numbers will be restricted to groups of 5 players per coach.
- We plan to have 3 coaches available at the U13/14 training session, so numbers for that session will be limited to 15.
- For the U17s session, we will have 2 coaches available and so numbers for that session will be limited to 10.
- We will operate a booking system. All players attending must book on to the session via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the first week, it will be first come first served. Following that, priority will be given to any player who missed out in the previous week.
- We will operate with a pool of coaches so we expect to have a full complement each week, however if this is not the case, places will to reduced.
- If you book your child on to a training session, please make every effort to attend or let us know if that is not possible.
On the Day
- There will be no charge for the training however, for insurance purposes each child must be registered by a responsible adult before each session.
- Registration will open at 6.30.
- Training will finish at 7.45
- Each player must bring their own equipment, including a hard ball.
- Each player should bring a drink.
- There must be no sharing of equipment other than between family members.
- Nets, stumps and any balls used by the club will be sanitised before and after each session.
- The club house and toilet facilities will remain closed.
- For the U13/14 group, each player must have a responsible adult remain on the club premises for the duration of the session.
- The club will provide first aid equipment and will have first aiders at the ground, but in the event of injury, the responsible adult must provide treatment.
- Only one lane of the nets to be used along with the mobile net
- One ball, one player. All drills must ensure that players touch only their own ball
- Coaches to wear gloves if handling the ball
- All players and coaches to maintain 2m separation
Thanks for your support
These are unprecedented times and the club would like to thank you all for your support in these past months and for your patience as we resume training under these tight restrictions.
Your child’s safety and well-being are our main concern.